Since 1973, we have helped honest people legally, morally, and ethically wipe out their bills. We help our clients get a fresh financial start, so that they and their families can lead happier, healthier, and more productive, prosperous, and fulfilling lives, and face a much brighter financial future.
We can also meet clients in Egg Harbor Twp., Turnersville, Somers Point, Northfield, Willingboro, Freehold, and Hackensack.
Chapter 7 and Chapter 13: The Top 14 Things You Should Know
Chapter 7 is an ideal way to wipe out your debts. It doesn’t matter how much you owe in unsecured debts. You could owe $10,000, you could owe $50,000, $250,000, or even $1million. When you successfully complete your chapter 7, you walk away with a discharge after about four months, and you are free and legally released from those debts. Your unsecured debts have been completely forgiven by the federal government, and you can celebrate your victory over debt.
Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 – The Legal Bail Out That You Deserve
The following objectives can usually be accomplished by successfully completing Chapter 7:
- Completely wipe out your credit card debts. Chapter 7 is an excellent way to completely wipe out all of your credit card debts and stop those bill collectors and collection agencies from constantly calling you or harassing you. You will no longer owe them any money at all.
- Wipe out medical bills, dental bills, doctor bills, hospital bills. Be completely released and forgiven of all responsibility for those bills.
- Wipe out utility bills such as gas, electric, telephone, cable, and cell phone bills.
- You can wipe out utility bills. A public utility such as Atlantic Electric, Verizon, and South Jersey Gas must continue to provide you with service in the future. If your service has been shut off for non-payment, they will have to turn your service back on when your case is filed.
- Wipe out cell phone bills, TV and internet bills like Comcast, Verizon, and Direct TV.
- Wipe out income taxes that are more than 3 years old, and that were filed more than 2 years ago. Chapter 7 can often help you wipe out certain income taxes owed to either the IRS or to the State of New Jersey. There are certain restrictions that we will discuss with you.
- Discharge personal unsecured loans, including pay day loans.
- Wipe out surcharges on your driver’s license, and get your license back. New Jersey Motor Vehicle surcharges can usually be wiped out in a successful Chapter 7, and you can get your license back, if failure to pay surcharges is the only reason keeping you from getting your license.
- Discharge legal fees. You can usually wipe out legal fees that you owe to an attorney.
- Debts on Bail Bonds. If you cosigned for someone’s bail, that debt can be wiped out.
- Stop People From Suing You. Most lawsuits are stopped when you file bankruptcy.
- Stop wage garnishments on your salary. Chapter 7 automatically prohibits and stops most wage executions. Here’s a Special Bonus: If a creditor has taken $600 or more out of your salary during the 90 days immediately prior to your Chapter 7 filing date, many times we can get all of that money back for you. Please make sure to let us know if this applies to you.
- Release liens on frozen bank accounts. A lot of times creditors freeze your bank account and then your checks bounce. If the frozen funds have not been turned over to the creditor by the bank, we can often get your money released back to you.
- Stop Sheriff’s Sales on homes and personal property. If the Sheriff has scheduled a sale of your home or other real estate, or a sale of personal assets such as a car, household items, or other personal property, that Sheriff’s Sale can usually be stopped by filing Chapter 7.
- Stop attempts to repossess your vehicle, and get back vehicles that have been repossessed.
Tune in and listen
Seymour answers your questions
Seymour Wasserstrum hosts
8 pm to 9 pm on 92.1 FM
Call in with questions and comments
We can also see clients in Turnersville, Egg Harbor Twp., Northfield, Willingboro, Freehold, and Hackensack.
FOR A FREE CREDIT REPORT GO TO
Idea for you: Get an Experian in January, Equifax in May, and Trans Union in September.
This was you can get all 3 updated free credit reports every 4 months for the rest of your life. If you see any mistakes, call us, and we can help you correct mistakes in your report.